Work with us! Fashion Designer Vacancy
Are you a creative designer addicted to fashion? We have the perfect job for you..... This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small team of dedicated fashion lovers at the Dahlia HQ in West London.
We are seeking a designer with outstanding creative flair who can identify and interpret emerging trends, then incorporate them into our brand identity. The ideal candidate will have an impressive portfolio and mature work ethic.
Working closely with our director, you will be responsible for the creation and development of our entire in-house range. Ideally you will have 2 years experience and be strong in the following areas:
- - Trend research – focusing on up and coming and key seasonal trends which are relevant to the Dahlia girl.
- - Creating mood boards and creatively expressing your vision.
- - Sketching your initial ideas
- - Creation of working drawings and spec sheets
- - Illustrator and Photoshop
- - Fabric and trim selection
- - Garment fitting
- - Design development from initial spec through to final product, following a critical path and tight deadlines
- - Working with factories abroad
We are looking for a bright young star with tons of enthusiasm, with a ‘can do’ attitude to problem solving and product development. Our brand has and continues to evolve – we want you to lead this with your ideas and direction, at the same time developing your own skills.
Our sample house and factory are based in the Far East, so you will have the amazing opportunity to go there twice per year to select fabrics and trims for the coming season and to work alongside our team.
Aside from designing and implementing Dahlia’s collection from concept to store, you will be able to produce and style photo shoots, work with our web designer to implement your vision into the Dahlia website to reach our well established data base.
If this sounds like your dream job then please e- mail your CV and attach a few examples of design artwork you have created for SS14 or AW14.
To apply please e-mail our Creative Director, Tracey at email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 28th March 2014
Love, Dahlia xxx